**** This map designed for the TeamFortress Classic Half-Life mod ****
Title : Siege Mentality
Filename : s_mentality.bsp
Author : Mark Simpson (Defrag)
Email Address : [email protected]
Description : TeamFortress Classic CTF map
Number of Teams : 2
Recommended # of Players: 14-16 (18 at a push)
New Textures : Openfire Blue c1a4 wall, compiled into bsp.
New Sounds : none
Editor used : teh_HAMMER 3.4
Build time : A week, on and off (and a few weeks lazing around doing nothing before releasing, natch)
Unzip the .bsp file to the sierra/half-life/tfc/maps directory
Storm the enemy flag room (located in the basement) and steal their flag.
Capture it on the battlements of your base.
10 points per capture, 10 personal frags per capture.
Changes since last Release:
* Outside shortended for faster gameplay
* Ladder added to water so you can clamber back out :)
* Water entrance to fd changed to a teleporter, less hassle, more effective. It's now located @ left wall (opposite ladder side)
* Nobuild entities added to resupplies
* Red respawn guard texture changed to a red one.
* Red lighting toned down in multiple areas, substituted for yellow/white lighting.
* Clip brushes added to just about every wall in the basement and in many other areas too for better connectivity and less snagging.
* Basement resupply now gives 130 metal, 1 grenade, 50 health and 100 armour every 30 seconds. There is only one pack (this is much like the roasted FR setup) it makes cramming 4D in the basement a bad idea. In the playtest of b1 there were 3 packs (2 normal, 1 gren bag) and even the spiral defender was resupplying in the basement after he'd chased players down, as was the lift defender. I'm trying to make it so the basement CANNOT sustain more than a few defenders due to limited supplies. This will hopefuly encourage tsp/top lift defence more than before.
* 50/100 (every 30 seconds) pack added to RR to encourage outer defence, the tsp sols were having a hard time in the playtest so this should hopefuly make their life a little easier without letting the spam flow.
* Lift altered so that the ladder can be climbed at ALL times, regardless of the lift's positioning.
* You now gain full health and armour when respawning, this will hopefuly stop bag hogging and people forgetting to grab a bag before they use the teleporter
r_speeds are fine everywhere bar the basement looking from the lift side fr corridor towards the spiral (peak at 660 or so) but they only get high in one place and it's not all THAT bad. 3 years on and i think one place pushing the limits is ok.
Grenbags all contain 2/1. It's a fairly large map so I doubt (other than the RR) there's much scope for spam.
At the top lift resup, there's a teleporter that takes you to balc to save offence players time.
That's about it, all comments / bug reports welcome, cheers :)
[WTF?] [DW] |404| for the help and support as always.
Clan <|187|> (even that moany cunna steff ;x)
Wizard for extensive feedback :)
Bobo for helping with the respawn guard ent settings.
Tomos for his usual infinite wisdom / wit.
Zoner for his great compile tools.
Wid (yow slag)
Whoever Lunatic Pandora and Fran are (alias central!)
M (dunno who that was... alias? :P)
All of the above helped me out immensely by having a full game on the first beta which helped me tweak the map :)
This map = (c) Mark Simpson. You are free to distribute this map throughout the 'net as long as the zip is intact AND all the original files (including the text files) are included. If you wish to use this map on a CD for non profit purposes then please contact me and I'll most likely agree. If you wish to use this map on a CD for your own financial gain (like some german company were doing a while back) please don't bother. Don't use this map as a base for others or copy it in any way. If you want permission for that sort of stuff get in contact with me. I'm also happy to hand out .rmf files for anyone that wants them.