FILE INFO TFC > Maps > Individual/Unsorted Maps File: Two Mesa 4 Filename:2mesa4.zip Author:Wedge Downloads: 717 Description: A Capture The Flag map, designed for about 12-16 people. The map is set on a large high mesa, where the two bases are divided by a ravine. Size: 1.6MB Date: 04/17/2003
Title : Two Mesa 4 (Build 13)
Filename : 2mesa4.bsp
Author : Michael "Wedge" Mattson
2mesa Series : Walter Russell "Techniker" Swindell
Author Email : [email protected]
Description : A Capture The Flag map, designed for about
12-16 people. The map is set on a large
high mesa, where the two bases are divided
by a ravine.
------Credits and Thanks---------------------------------------------
Big thanks to Walter Russell "Techniker" Swindell for permission to add
on to his great 2mesa series.
PC Gamers Society [PCGS]
PCGS has finally been laid to rest after many wonderful years of gaming
and fun had by all. It's a pity that the egos of a few prevented the
cooperation of many. But I still think back to 5 years of fun and games
with the PCGS crew.
No Longer Valid [nLv] -- http://www.nolongervalid.org
Their dedication, playtesting and wonderful feedback made my return to
Old Geezers [OGzr] -- http://www.ogzr.org
Another source of constant pestering to get back at it and finish the
You kept pestering me to get back to this thing and finish it up.
Your stoic and objective opinions have always been greatly appreciated.
Here's to long years of gaming.
Your creative genious and fantastic sk1lz have always been a source
Shannon (my wife)
You never complained when I got into a mapping project. You have
always supported my gaming habit.
Quality cannot be achieved without superb tools.
Thank you for Half-Life and the Hammer editing tools.
------Version Four Change Notes-------------------------------
[nLv] - denotes suggestions made by the No Longer Valid testers.
* Pulled the flag balcony back down (I like rocket jumping)
* Added air-lifts to remove the sticking on both elevators
and ladders. [nLv]
* Added a window for a view to and from the flag ledge.
* Extended the general alarm time to 20 seconds. [nLv]
* Stylized the ledges a bit.
* Extended the flag idle return time to 60 seconds. [nLv]
* Added an alternate "Maintenance Access" one way entrance.
* Tweaked the back exit ramp.
* Added full ammo, armor and Gren1 to all spawn points. [nLv]
* Water dripping in maintenance tunnel
* Various wind noises around the ravines
* Air-lifts fan noise and wind rushing sounds
* Aligned many textures and brushes around the map
* Added more lighting and adjusted lighting for a more
* Dug out the "Maintenance Access" area and added another
alternate route between bases.
* Quieted down all doors near flag room. [nLv]
* Smoothed and stylized the fronts of the bases
* Added rockery to each side to try and blend into the mesa
* Widened and added outcroppings to the ravine between bases
* Removed center bridge but added the "dam" in order to
maintain the "water route" between bases.
* Removed the destroyable bridges and added static bridges on
either side of the center area.
* Added another alternate route beneath the water route.
* I began work on a vent system for sneaking around inside
the bases but scrapped the idea. There are still some
remnants of this. I left them there as "conversation pieces".
hlcsg v2.5.3 rel (May 2 2001)
Based on Valve's version, modified with permission.
Submit detailed bug reports to ([email protected])
----- BEGIN hlcsg -----
Command line: C:\zip\games\Editing\ZHLT\hlcsg.exe -chart -texdata 4096 C:\zip\games\Editing\Maps\2mesa4.map
-= Current hlcsg Settings =-
Name | Setting | Default
threads [ 1 ] [ Varies ]
verbose [ off ] [ off ]
log [ on ] [ on ]
developer [ 0 ] [ 0 ]
chart [ on ] [ off ]
estimate [ off ] [ off ]
max texture memory [ 4194304 ] [ 4194304 ]
priority [ Normal ] [ Normal ]
noclip [ off ] [ off ]
onlyents [ off ] [ off ]
wadtextures [ on ] [ on ]
skyclip [ on ] [ on ]
hullfile [ None ] [ None ]
min surface area [ 0.500 ] [ 0.500 ]
brush union threshold [ 0.000 ] [ 0.000 ]