Objective: Blue team must take their flag to
Red team's Headquarters to win the game.
There are two command points on the way
which must be secured in order.
Scoring: Red team - 5 points per minute
Blue team - 30 points per capture
- 50 points for HQ
Other Notes: When a capture point is secured,
spawn points are revised and a new flag
appears. Rounds last 25 minutes.
Red team is not allowed to cross over to
Blue area violators will die!
*** Welcome to Baconbowl ***
**** This map designed for the Team Fortress Classic Half-Life mod ****
2 packs removed on Capture point 1, this should make it a little easier to cap.
Sept 28, 2003
Title : Baconbowl
Status : Ver 1.1
Map Size : 3 megs unzipped
Date Started : Aug 2002
Date Completed : Feb 2, 2003
Filename : baconbowl.zip
Author(s) : Patton
Email Address : [email protected]
Description : Team Fortress 1.5 CTF map (Dustbowl Type)
Number of Teams : 2
Recommended # of Players: 10-32 (5 to 16 per team)
New Textures : no
New Sky : no
New Skins/Models: no
New Sounds : no
Editor used : Valve Hammer Edition
Compiler : ZHLT + Valve Hammer Edition
Just unzip all files into your halflife/tfc/map directory.
This is a Dustbowl style map. The object is for the blue team to attack the red team and bring their flags to the capture points.
This is done in sequential stages. The only saving grace for the
red team is that blue has been given a mere 25 minutes to complete
- aF|Stoned-Smurf for all the help testing and providing a feedback
for all things including what the map looked like in software mode. This map would have never reached completion without da Smurf!
- aF|Kodiak -BEARS CAN FLY-, aF|Pyspher, Mr Pee and aF|Arch... these guys were a big help. Their feedback has really helped ensure that baconbowl will be a success... THANKS A TON GUYS!!!
- aF|Gman for the use of his server and for his testing time and feedback, and his l33t boosting skils!
- aF|JC and aF|Cheerleader for the use of thier server(s) for playtests and for testing from time to time.
- Clan aF for their support and time in testing! This includes but is not limited to Soulwander, Blastus, Idok, MMG, the list goes on
- Loads of other testers.. I cant remember all the names but strife and pipelayer and someothers from RAK and lots of other ppl.
- Clan [WTF!] The makers of Maya! Their rmf file was extremly helpful in seeing how certain things were accomplished. With it as a guide of some sorts I was able to see exactly how to do some interesting things.. Thanks guys for distributing your rmf file. And in return I will be including my rmf file in the final release of Baconbowl... but experienced mappers should not look at the file as it may cause you to go into seziures of uncontrollable laughter and fits of the "Omg what they hell did he do that fer?"