**** This map designed for the Team Fortress Classic Half-Life mod ****
Title : Castle Wars
Status : Final
Map Size : 3.6 meg (With custom textures) 2.8 meg without.
Date Started : July 16th/99
Date Completed : August 22nd/99
Filename : castlewars.zip (castlewars.bsp,castlewars.txt,castlewars_info.txt)
Author : Roger "[NAC]Dr_Bones" Friesen
Email Address : [email protected]
ICQ : 42188616
Website : http://members.xoom.com/hlediting/
Description : Team Fortress Classic CTF map
Number of Teams : 2
Recommended # of Players: 6-16
New Textures : Yes
New Skins : No
New Sounds : No
Editor used : Worldcraft 2.1
Compiler : Q2Beaver & ZHLT Tools
Though it might seem strange at first, I've changed the names of all the classes to "fit" into the theme of the map. If anyone out there has the time to make some custom skins to fit this map, please let me know.
Place castlewars.bsp, castlewars.txt, and castlewars_info.txt into your Half-life/tfc/maps/ directory.
MAP BACKGROUND INFORMATION:
In a galaxy far from our own, a small world is controlled by Merlin, a powerful mage who's kindness towards his subjects was well reveared. But that time is about to end. Merlin's half-brother, Mordred, who years sooner was banished to the underworld has once again returned to rightfully claim (as he puts it) this world. This war of the world is the focus of this map.
Here you'll find two wizards held up within their sky castles seeking a way to take control of the world below them. Each wizard has a powerful artifact, for which supply's that wizards life force and power. Your job is to join one of these wizards in aid of this fight for the world. Will it be Merlin's Mystical Knights or Mordred's Death Guard? Only you can decide the fate of this war mortal.
This is a 2Fort variant with loads of interesting twists! :) First each team must breach the castles front gate before meeting the challenges of the lower sections. Here you will find everything from a dueling Arena to an ancient graveyard. Both wizard's have placed magical teleports for you to move around within their castles. Once deep inside, you must find that wizard's item of power and return it to your castle. When this happen's, you will reduce that wizards lifeforce by 1. The first team to lower the other wizards lifeforce to -10 wins.
- If you are having archer trouble exiting the castle's, why not jump onto a catapult for a trip across the open sky! A player is much harder to hit when they are flying through the air. :)
- Searching the graveyard & crypt might open your eyes to the new.
- If stuck from entering the ememy's great hall room, sneak by their baracks, through the wall and before you know it, the enemy item is in your hands.
A player or team is not awarded any points for capture of the enemy's item of power, but the wizard's team who's item of power is captured will have their lifeforce reduced by 1. The team who is able to reduce either wizard to -10 lifepoints will defeat that wizard and rule the world. The game will then restart. Good-luck! :)
For the latest news on my new maps and the upcoming single player version of Castle Wars, check out www.mts.net/~strange/cw.htm
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- Gumby "http://www.brand15.freeserve.co.uk" for his Catapults and textures.
- [BMA]Afro83, for his online playtesting and general help on this map.
- Razor for his great pre-fabs and the "Practice Arena" section.
- Dyne for his table, chairs and spears in the Great Halls.
- Seth Galbraith for some nice textures from TexPack #3.
- To all my fellow members at the Department of Engineering website, who's help in map designing made this come to life! :)
- I'm sure I've left someone out here, and if I have I'm sorry. Please let me know and I'll update this info. text.
Castle Wars is copyright 1999, Roger "[NAC]Dr_Bones" Friesen.
Authors MAY NOT use this level as a base to build additional levels.
You MUST NOT distribute this level UNLESS you INCLUDE THIS FILE WITH NO MODIFICATIONS!!!. If you don't co-operate, then DON'T DISTRIBUTE IT IN ANY FORM!!.
This BSP may be distributed ONLY over the Internet and/or BBS systems. You are NOT authorized to put this BSP on any CD or distribute it in any way without my permission.